Laughing Pains

If you don't know, I had surgery a couple weeks ago to clear up my endometriosis. It's called a laparoscopy - they go through your belly button with a scope to see how much build-up is in there, then they clean you up the best they can. After the surgery, my doctor told me it was pretty extensive, that this is DEFINITELY the reason I haven't been able to get pregnant for the past 2 years, and he wants me to go on leupron for at least 4 months. Leupron is a hormone that shuts down your ovaries, throwing you into menopause temporarily. (More about this later...)
So, Nick was thankfully able to take the day off and be my personal nurse, chauffeur, chef, entertainment, etc. He turned on The Office when we got home (you can watch almost anything on Hulu.com). The latest episode was about customer service reviews and this clip made me laugh so hard, we had to turn it off. I finished it later, and here it is.




My favorite thing about The Office is the relationship between Jim and Dwight. I think they steal the show.

So, back to my endometriosis - we are switching insurance companies at the new year, so it's complicated... and we're just waiting patiently for baby #2. :-)

10 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

Good luck with everything! we will be praying for you. The office is the best! It makes me laugh no matter what!!!!

Karen said...

I love "The Office." After surgery on the belly, why not belly laughs. Barb told us about the surgery when she was down with us a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully, in a few months you will have another one on the way...and if you guys hold to the pattern in this family you should get a boy. Oh my gosh, if that one is as cute as Taylor....!

Aunt Karen and Uncle Phil

teage-and-erin said...

You figured it out! WOOHOO!!! :) I love this clip...I had already seen it and still laughed my head off! Love ya girl!! We are so thankful to have you as friends!!!

Audrey Simon said...

We love the office! That episode was too funny - thanks for posting my favorite scene. LOL

Bailey Bunch said...

One of the best moments of the season by far!:)

Susan said...

We love the Office at our house, too, Jen. I'm glad you got that yuckiness out of the way. Now I'm waiting for your update on Twilight. I'm guessing it's going to be different from Nalani's.

Jaron and Amy said...

I'm so glad they figured out what was wrong. Hope everything goes well for you Jen. We love this clip as well!

Alan and Heidi said...

i loved that scene too! sometimes i laugh so hard i cry. ...and we are waiting patiently for your baby #2 as well...hurry up BABY!

Jessica said...

I'm so happy for you that you were able to figure things out and that the surgery went well. I hope the temporary menopause isn't too bad, but it will all be well worth it.
We love that clip of the office too. I agree, Dwight and Jim are a hoot!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

I'm glad that they figured out the problem, I've been praying for you and hope this baby's turn on earth is coming soon! Good luck, love ya!

background