Disneyland

We told Taylor that she had to wait until she's five to go to Disneyland. She was beginning to think every little girl magically got their chance to meet the princesses as a standard 5th year birthday present... but then the Simon family planned a "reunion" down in L.A. and Las Vegas, so the magic happened earlier than expected!
The day before Halloween, we excitedly arrived at the park, after being hospitably received by the Stelter Family the night before. We immediately got in line to meet the princesses. Taylor had colored pictures for them and folded them up with tape. She presented them to Cinderella and then Aurora, who were sweet enough to make a big deal out of it and promise to hang them in the castle. We also met Jasmine, whom Taylor pointed out to me was dressed "immodestly."

My sister in law, the first Jen Simon, :) was patient enough to wait in line with me and her little baby boy and her cutest little girl, who also loves the princesses. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with them and our other cousins!
Afterwards, there was a princess-in-training thing going on, so we observed for a bit. Ah, the magic of it all. I wish I were four! Taylor was in heaven!
Uncle Travis and Uncle Nick goofed off with their nephews while waiting in line for the new Nemo Submarine ride, which was brilliant! :)
Riding the Matterhorn:

Taylor wanted to get her face painted! Daddy said we should avoid saying "no" at Disneyland.

This picture didn't turn out, but I like it anyway. It's the "look tired and worn out" pose.

We had a great time! I loved Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain best! These people know how to build rollercosters!!!!!

8 comments:

Jules said...

Awesome! How fun to go to Disneyland at Halloween. Taylor is sooooo cute!

Susan said...

That would be a really fun thing to do with cousins.

Mara said...

Jen, glad you had a great time. Of course, you are one of those people who can have fun doing ANYTHING. Even RS Secretary work. :) You're amazing- Mara

teage-and-erin said...

yeah for Disneyland!!! I am debating about when we can first take the boys too...do you think 2 is too young? Hehe...

Thomas said...

I saw your mom yesterday. She came down to Portland to see her brother. She said you guys had a great time together recently. She caught me up on all the latest. Sounds like you guys are doing great. -Maile

Bailey Bunch said...

Everytime I see a princess, I think of Taylor. I am glad you guys got to go and experience that with her. Vacations are the memories you never forget!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

That is so awesome you all got to go to DisneyLand! We're jelous! Glad you had fun! By the way, the picture of Taylor on the side is BEAUTIFUL!

Laurie said...

Those are our two favorite rides too. You must experience Everest at DisneyWorld...it is hands down the best ride we've been on.

I love the part about not saying "no" at Disneyland. Jack and Nick think the same. Also, someday I bet I'll find Tay working as a princess at Disneyland...she just has that look...soooo princess like! :)

background