This month is a focus on different jobs. We played restaurant after the kids made their own menus. We had 2 customers, a waiter, and a chef.
Today, our friend Tim came over to talk to the kids about Policemen. He showed them all his gear and answered their questions. These are my 2 favorite questions they came up with:
#1 - What kind of tickets do you sell?
(It cracks me up the way preschoolers think! I mean, they know you can get a ticket for driving too fast, and those cost money, so the police must sell tickets. Logical, right?)
#2 - Why do you shoot bad guys when they're not raising their hands?
(In the preschool world, raising your hand is a big deal - a much bigger deal if you could get shot for not following procedure when answering questions. They may have seen a movie-cop yell, "put your hands up!" while pointing a gun, and thus created the logic of getting shot for not raising your hand.)

#3 - What kind of weapons do you carry? 2 small guns and a shot gun he left at work, 2 flashlights, 2 knives, an ASP (wacking stick), and pepper spray.
We also practiced fingerprinting.
Another fun thing we've done in preschool is build cardboard computers. :-) I love how Mother Goose Time sends us ready-to-make crafts!





3 comments:
Aren't preschoolers the best!!? They are like little sponges and so eager to learn. I had my own preschool for a few years and absolutely loved. They always crack me up.
hahahahhaha!!! that is so cute that they asked what kind of tickets he sells! i love it!!! your background is way cute by the way. love you! miss you! see you in a few weeks! yeeeeehaaaaaaawwwwwww!!
I LOVE Tay's dress for the restaurant. I definately have to go to dinner with her, she obviously knows the best places to dine to exclusive clientel such as us. :-)
Post a Comment