My Quirks: some Nick loves and some he does NOT
1. I bite my nails, pick at skin imperfections, peel my toe nails, and have a few other digusting habits that I CAN'T believe I'm admitting on the internet. My daughter has already inherited most of these and thinks it's fun to play with the nail-clipper. She's obsessed with skin and always has her hand up my sleeve because she loves "momma's arm." I'm always reminding her to keep her fingers out of her mouth and nose. GROSS!!! I know, I need to teach by example. I'm ROTTEN!!! So unrefined!
2. I say "Thank You" and "I'm sorry" so often that their value has been diminished when coming from me. I almost always end a phone call with "thanks" even if there is no reason for thanks. That reminds me, I also end phone calls with "see ya, bye!" As if "see ya" isn't enough. The sad thing is, when I need to apologize FOR REAL to my husband, I have a hard time saying I'm sorry, because I don't like to admit I'm wrong.
3. Okay, so I'm gross and prideful and I want to stop this now because I'd rather you didn't all know so many horrible facts about me. Figure them out yourself! And in the meantime, we can be friends.
4. Let's try some semi-positive quirks. I'm a crazed list-maker. I'm sure many of you can relate. I am constantly making lists of to-do's and things I'll forget if I don't write them down, and shopping lists, and goals, etc. I like to believe this helps my productivity, but let's be real - I've grown lazy in the past couple years as Taylor has gained more and more independence and I have had fewer obligations. I'm so glad to be done with school, but at the same time, I have lost some of the traits I spent years enhancing. I'm trying to relearn some things - like dedication to goals. So, I'm looking for goal-partners because I need some accountability. I want to exercise in the mornings, cook in the evenings, study the scriptures during the day, read inspiring literature, teach my daughter some skills, and learn/enhance more home-making skills, like sewing, canning, preparing for emergencies, etc.
5. I drink tap-water, and I'm anti-water-bottles. Although, I do keep a case in my car for when we're on the road, but it would be better if reused the bottles more often. I think buying bottled water is a waste of money and it's harmful to the environment. But, I won't hold it against you. :) I do many things that aren't "green." Did you know tap water is held to extremely high standards? It may taste funny, but it has minerals that are good for you! And it's the cheapest water out there! (Are you thinking: Well, that's awesome, because I'm supposed to drink 64 ounces a day!) There are some exceptions, though, like my Aunt Barbara who is allergic to chlorine, so she can't drink my mom's tap water. Here's are a couple articles I found on tap water vs bottled water. http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=728070 http://www.mwdh2o.com/mwdh2o/pages/yourwater/everything/english/tap02.html
It's fun doin' a dance on my soap box. Please share your personal views on minor issues with me, too.
6. You all know I'm a photo-holic. I love love love taking pictures. I strongly believe in documenting experiences and capturing memories visually. I don't have the best and newest camera and I'm not a talented photographer, but I love pictures and reliving memories. It can get on people's nerves. The other day, Nick put his foot down and insisted we didn't need to take the camera to the park for our family picnic. I said that we did because me and Taylor matched. Who won? See evidence below.
I TAG: Susan, Carrie, Jordan, Julie, Michele, Audrey, and one more - Susannah - for being the first Snoqualmie buddy to read my update :) Let's see what your quirks are now!





7 comments:
Thanks for the compliment on my blogging. As for tagging me, oh no! Actually posting all the scary facts and secrets on the internet? Crazy stuff, but I'll do it:) I love your picture ot you and Taylor at the park. Matching outfits definitely mean photo op. Your hair is cute.
~Julie
I'm so with you on the tap water thing. You go! (I'm also with you on several of your other quirks...)
-Susannah
finally you update this blog. I've been checking it daily now for a month... hee hee :) but how fun to read your quirks. I'm totally the same with the camera. Today Jack drew the line as I insisted I take it into the raft at Pine Lake...he won!
Oh my gosh, I LOVE your new blog set up! Its soo cute! Your quirks are awesome. Ha ha ha. I'm glad you shared them! My reply will have to be on Wednesday because between now and then I'm working two 12 hour shifts, writing a 7 page research paper, interviewing someone for a class assignment, writing two other 2 page papers, and studying for a final that I'm taking on Tuesday!
You are hilarious, I love it. I have the same thing with my nails and skin. Thanks for introducing me to the new "scrapbook" blog layouts I love it.... Have fun this weekend.
luv ya lots.
I just happened by your blog, which you need to updated more often because you're so stinkin' funny! Loved your quirks; it's healthy for us to share our strange habits...I think. :) Keep 'em coming! Mara
What can I say, I love my bro and all her funny quirks about you!:)
Post a Comment