Disappointed with Wall-E

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!
Nick and Taylor were excited to see Pixar's new movie Wall-E today... and unfortunately, were very disappointed. Taylor maybe laughed once (and Nick not at all), but she was scared during at least a third of the movie. Nick was furious at all the propaganda - like a ruined environment (caused by humans), big box stores taking over the world, obese Americans, Bush-bashing, and global warming, which are all topics kids do not need thrown at them. We have high expectations from Pixar, and now wish we had gone to see Kung Fu Panda (which our friends and family say is a FANTASTIC movie). It's so sad because Tay had been looking forward to this outing with her daddy - she's only seen a movie in the theater once before. She was even saying, "W-w-w-w-w-a-a-a-a-a-a-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-y-y-y-y-y-y" the way the robot does - it was really cute. Too bad they wasted their time and money. BE SMART! See KUNG FOO PANDA instead!!!

3 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

I agree completely. Our kids have seen Kung Fu Panda twice in theaters and loved it both times. We saw WallE yesterday and were so disappointed. It was so boring for the kids. The first hour was so slow and the second hour was at least entertaining, but its like what you husband thought...all the propaganda. It is the first Pixar movie that I never care to own. Total bummer cause I was really excited about it.

Jules said...

Hope you don't mind if I comment, but I totally agree with you about Wall-E. Total propaganda. My kids still loved the show, and seemed captivated by it the entire time. Thanks for your post on it, because it warned me what to expect beforehand :)

Julie

Susan said...

Kung Fu Panda is the best. One to own.

background