Ode To Runners

I used to think running was boring and didn't give it much respect, but now many of the people I admire most are runners and they are all kind, compassionate, selfless, hard-working, driven people who are passionate about life and continually set and achieve goals. Why is that? What's the connection? Does it have something to do with pushing yourself to overcome obstacles or having the self control to hit the pavement despite all kinds of excuses? Maybe it's because the regular exercise releases stress and frustration, so they don't bottle it up and use it against people. There are probably so many more reasons they are such great people, but all I know is I admire and respect you runners!!!
Today Taylor ran her first 1K race and she LOVED IT! I'm so glad because I am hoping that it becomes a passion of hers, as it has for my sisters, husband, and dad. (I will also encourage her to continue in art, music, and swimming.) She didn't stop running once, except for the time she tripped and fell, but got right back up and was so proud of herself. She felt great afterward, even though she expressed a little bit of fear right beforehand. (We had to stay positive so she'd still want to try it!) She encouraged her friends along the way, and is looking forward to the next race! I have tried running myself at times, and really enjoyed the 8K I ran last year. I hope I can get back into it in the future. Nick is signed up for 2 races, the next one being a 1/2 marathon here May 1st. It's so great because it keeps him motivated to keep training. Isn't that something we all need in life... motivation to keep improving?
Here are some pictures of this special day:





This is Taylor with Sean Sundwall, who organized the whole race - he's amazing! He's also our home teacher and the best runner we know! We are huge fans :-)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Oh how cute!! I wanted to have Morgan and Braylen run in this. I found out to late. Way to go Taylor!!

lindsay said...

GO TAY!!!!!!!!

The Siple Family said...

Great job taylor! You looked great out there. Keep up the great work.

erica said...

how fun! i can't believe how old your daughter is, she is adorable.

teage-and-erin said...

Yeah for Tay!!! She looks so proud of herself! :)

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Love the picture of Nick holding her up at the finish line! What a cute, sweet little girl. I hope to someday enjoy running...

background