Being outdoors is a good one :-)
Happy things
I have a memory of telling my mother to play my Colors CD if I was ever in a bad mood. (Colors was a band.) I also have a memory of a few years that went by without listening to much music at all. (I think I had gotten sick of all the inappropriate lyrics in so many songs and also was looking for more "quiet time.") But I have recently discovered how much music really lifts my spirits! In the car or in the shower (both places you can dance... or at least bob your head) I have been listening to more and more music that brings on a good mood. I'm looking for other ways to add fun... so what do you do?
Being outdoors is a good one :-)
Being outdoors is a good one :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Gosh, I can relate to show much of what you said! I've been in music withdrawal mode for a while and I'm slowly coming to the realization that it's not good for me and it's created a hole in my life and spirit. But where's the middle ground?! I'm tired of listening to the majority of songs on the radio. While fun, super catchy and up-beat, most of them have nasty subliminal (and sometimes not so subliminal) messages in them. On the other end though, EFY-style music gets old after a while :) I know the middle ground is there... maybe I just got too lazy to look for it anymore. Hmmm...
Oh and cute pic of Taylor by the way :)
I LOVE COLORS! I have all their CDs. You need to borrow my Eclipse CDs and burn those. They are awesome! You also should borrow my Ryandan. Totally uplifting!!!!:) One way to continue to have fun is come over to your neighbros house and play some games!:) Love ya!
Yeah for a new post!!! Loving the music also, it definitely brightens myh day! And pictures obviously! Not sure I am making any sense, but I am on meds right now....hehe. Love ya girl!
I love good books.Nothing cheers me up like someone else's well-penned ideas. Oh, and friends cheer me up. And kids. And ice cream. I'll stop now. :) You're awesome my friend!
I need to get some good books for the long flights to Dubai and back. Next online stop: Goodreads....
And thanks for the picture Mara :-)
Me and my kids LOVE to listen to these songs in the car (they go crazy with some of them, head banging, waving their arms, clapping, and trying to sing along. it's SO HILLARIOUS!) :
"Party in the USA" (Miley Cyrus),
Jamiroquai,
Earth Wind & Fire,
"Back in Black" (AC/DC...I know, they are the devil. But my kids love that song!),
"Everything" (Michael Buble),
and some of my other favorite songs right now are:
"float on" (don't know who sings it), and
"I Gotta Feeling" , Black Eyed Peas
Happy singing :) heehee. love you!
Love your new posts Jen! Thanks for the quote on charity by Marvin J. Ashton. I always wondered exactly what charity really was and that explained it so well. Also, I loved the story about the little girl chearing up that man. So good. Maybe I should let my kids do what they feel they should do more often. As far as the music thing goes, I agree with you. It can definitely bring the good or the bad feelings quickly. A CD I like listening to right now is the Reflections of Christ one. Always makes me feel good.
P.s. Cute picture of Taylor! The background is beautiful. It makes me anxious for green (as opposed to the brown it is around here).
LOve You!
Post a Comment