I want to share something that made me laugh last night. It requires a little background, so here we go...
When Nick and I were dating, he would want to take me out during the week and I would always say, "it's a week night! I have homework!" I am definitely a work-before-play kinda gal and he has gradually learned to appreciate that. Needless to say (to those who know him), he values play a TON. Fun is the most important thing in life. I am grateful that he makes time for work. I wouldn't have married a complete goof-off.
Most nights we read a little "wisdom nugget" from this book called Married for Life - Inspirations from those married 50 years or more. Last night, the topic was "Keep your priorities straight - responsibilities ahead of pleasure." So, Nick starts to read outloud and comes to "Rule one is, work before play. Get your chores done, then have a good time. This is important to remember if you are the less responsible, more fun-loving partner." My eyes widened and I thoughtfully "hmmmmm"ed as he said, "told you so!!!" then he blurted out: "I'm so glad I have an awesome work ethic and I kick butt at life!"
I'm so glad too :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Nick, I think we all figured out tonight that indeed, you kick butt at life! :)
That was a great comment back to you by Nick. YOu gotta love our husbands for their quick wit and charm!:)
"You have to do what you NEED to do, so you can do what you WANT to do." That's a motto my sister tells her kids all the time. You guys are GREAT together! Love ya!
Post a Comment