A Season for Performances

I pride myself on how much money I've saved by RARELY attending games, shows, concerts, or any type of performance during my life. But over the past 2 months, I have probably blown all those savings. No, just kidding.
I feel so blessed to have seen so many amazing shows/performances lately, many at the generosity or good fortune of others.


My FANTASTIC Mother-in-law, Barb, took me to The Phantom of the Opera with her for my birthday! It's kind of a funny story, actually. Dad (Keith), being a good husband, agreed to see many shows with Barb that she's always wanted to attend. However, over the years of hearing about her dreams of seeing "Phantom," he never quite made the connection that it's ACTUALLY an opera performance. I assume he thought it was a play about a phantom in an opera house. So, when he discovered that he'd agreed to go to an opera, he generously offered his ticket to me AND thanked me for taking it off his hands! Wow, talk about a win-win situation!!! Thanks Dad!


This amazing shot was taken by my neighbor (Rachel) at the first stop on the tour of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!!!!! This is the one show I will NOT miss a day of - it airs in the summer-time on Fox. I LOVE to watch dance. If I could have any wish, it would be to dance like this. The picture above is one of my favorite dances of the season - it's Twitch and Kherington. Interesting names, huh? I also loved Josh, Katee, Chelsie, and even though I wasn't a big Courtney & Gev fan during the season, they did grow on me quite a bit - especially at the live show - they were best entertainment! Great personalities! I enjoyed this show and the wonderful company of good friends who also love the show as much as I do!

And now a shout-out to my beloved Grandma Wheiler. My greatest aspiration is to grow up to become a Grandma like her. She sends me home-made cards all the time just to let me know she misses me. She makes pillow cases, blankets, pajamas, cross-stiches art, towels, table runners, and SO MANY other crafty, cute things MADE FROM LOVE! I love her so much!!!


I know this picture is blurry, but it shows how much fun Taylor and her Great-Grandma Wheiler were having together. This is at the Mariners Baseball game we went to with my family while my dad's parents were in town. Dad had procrastinated buying tickets, and then the DAY OF the game, 8 tickets fell into Nick's hands for a total of only $80! We had the most amazing seats!!!!! We were in the first row behind Diamond Club (which are the prime seats - like $200 each). I couldn't believe how much more I enjoyed the game (only my 3rd time going) with such amazing views of the action. Here's Ichiro warming up!

This is one of Nick's boy scouts on their 20-mile hike. They sure were troopers. Nick always says what AWESOME boys he gets to work with as the Scoutmaster, and he has so much fun with them!!! I'm glad he's getting more use out of our camping gear!

This is Taylor modeling the 2nd dress my mom made her this year. I picked out the fabric - cherries and blossoms. :) Thanks mom! It's adorable! I love it that you sew her dresses - and give her matching flowers for her hair!
My brother Preston got his mission call and couldn't wait to open it, so my family came over last week (Tuesday) after I got off work at 8:30 to be together while he opened it. This is the set-up we had to involve my two sisters and grandma out of town - on speaker phone :)
And this is Preston smiling as he reads that he's called to serve in the Peru Lima North mission. He's leaving on January 21st to go to the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah to prepare to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ full time and "brush up" on his Spanish skills. :) We are so excited for him!!!!! He is HIGH QUALITY!


This is us at our family party on my birthday, with my parents and brother. Nick's birthday is TODAY - the 16th! We're going out with his parents :)

And last Monday night, Rachel took me to America's Best Dance Crew for my birthday. I've been pretty spoiled this year. As the 4th "show" in two months, it did not disappoint! There were some awesome stunts and great dancing! Our favorite groups were Jabbawockeez, BreakSk8, and Super Crew. They were very entertaining! And a little boy Jaden, who looked like he was only 5, got up on stage and kicked everyone's trash! The audience went crazy! It hink he was just on t.v. too :)
Thanks Rach! I had a blast :)

13 comments:

Jules said...

Happy belated birthday Jen, and happy birthday Nick! Sound like you have had such a great time these last two months!

That's exciting about Preston's mission call. He'll be a top notch missionary.

teage-and-erin said...

Oh my goodness Jen, I am so jealous!!! You deserve it though!!! Happy Birthday girl, and thanks for being such a great friend to me and everyone!!!

Bailey Bunch said...

SYTYCD and ABDC were awesome!:) I am glad we got to experience two different types of dance shows. Little Jayden stole the night for me. Oh and spending it with my bro! Love ya and Happy Birthday!:)

Audrey Simon said...

Happy Birthday again Nick and Jen! You've seen some awesome shows lately! It sounds like the Mariner's tickets that Brian sold to you guys worked out great, I'm glad he offered them to you first!

Jessica said...

Wow! Busy month!
First, happy birthday to you BOTH! Hooray!
Also, it is such an awesome experience to go the theater. I got to see Phantom once, I loved it. I would highly recommend "Wicked" if you should have the chance to see it.
Taylor is so pretty and looks so much older. I love the dress your mom made her.
Also, yeah for Grandmas! Yours is so sweet! I think Grandmas are my favorite people :)

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Sounds like you have had some VERY fun times lately! Happy Birthday to Nick too! We love you guys!

Susan said...

You're a lucky girl!

Mara said...

Okay, we need to start actually conversing rather than saying hi in passing because I didn't know any of this cool stuff...like all the great shows you've attended! Geez, girl, you do get around. :)

Jaron and Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have been having tons of fun! I'm jealous...SYTYCD didn't come to Philly this year so I didn't get to go. Glad you had so much fun, tell Preston congrats!

Laurie said...

What a fun few months for you! You deserve it. Looks like these shows put a huge smile on your face, something you naturally do to those around you! Happy birthday and we'll see you Thursday!!!

Amelia said...

fun mission - i have had a lot of friends go there and they LOVED it!

Kirsi Anne said...

I didn't know you had a blog!!!! That is so EXCITING!!!!!

Jules said...

Sorry, that excite email is old. My email addres is juliebeans222@gmail.com ;)

background