Lincoln Rock


I went camping with family and friends at Lincoln Rock over by Wenatchee on Friday and Saturday. I had my first try at wakeboarding - thanks to my dentist/cousin-in-law's brother/ friend from Mom & Dad's ward: Wade Marler, who brought his boat - and his family was kind enough to share it! Above is Nate, my sister's boyfriend. He demonstrated the basics for me, and then a little extra, as you can see. That's mid-flip. Go Nate!

This is me with my gorgeous sister Lindsay and my stunning, youthful mother, Karen.

I surprisingly got up on my first try, but needed lots of pointers... like don't bend your arms or you'll fall - see below (what not to do). But Wade said I was one of the fastest learners he's ever seen :) Sorry for bragging. It was fun!!!!


Taylor had a blast riding on the tube with Lindsay back to the dock. She is slowly getting over her fear of water (which I caused). She still doesn't like it in her eyes, though.


Preston, who just turned 19!!!!!!!! and is submitting his mission papers, brought his fun and beautiful girlfriend, Anna. They played games with Tay in the water, which she LOVED.

Camping with my family is pretty much my favorite thing to do, but it would have been twice as fun if Nick had been there. I missed his jokes and his presence, which makes everything more fun. His boyscouts got the pleasure of his company on a 10 mile hike Saturday morning. He says they are a STELLAR group of kids and he loves being with them!

And REAL QUICK, I can't find Taylor's notebook of funny things she says (since she was a almost 2), so I'll post these before I forget to write them down.
On the boat, Tay was getting cold and Lindsay said she could sit by Nate because he's warm and Taylor said, "NO! I don't sit by boys!"
Then at the campsite, she was walking around funny, she complained, "Mom, my shadow is sticking to me and I don't like it!!!"
And just now, she found her little purse and said, "Here, you get this penny for being a good mom!"
Wow, anybody else looking to hire?

7 comments:

Bailey Bunch said...

You go wakeboarding chick!:) I got up my first try to when I did it but afterwards I was so dang tired, I couldn't get up again. I love the quotes of Tay as well. I am so glad you suggested for me to write quotes down. Gotta love Tay!:)

teage-and-erin said...

Dang girl, I am impressed!!! I don't think that I have EVER gotten up wakeboarding! You rock girly!

Laurie said...

Ok, just today we rented a boat and I was scared to death to go on the inner tube and be pulled around...now I look at you on the wake board and feel like such a wimp. You look like such the natural with all your form. Darling photos of Taylor too!!!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Jenny, you are such a funny girl! You just make me laugh! Crazy you went boating with Wade Marler! Small world huh? Looks like you had tons of fun with the fam, and yes, you guys are all sooo cute! Tell Nick Joey's shirt, "the Hitter" is a football shirt, not a baseball shirt. I thought it was a baseball shirt and thought it very "conceited", but then I found out it was a football shirt and thought it was ok! He probably knew that, but I thought I would clarify!:) Love looking at your blog! We miss you guys!

Mara said...

Wow, girl! Impressive water sports skills! Glad you had such a good time with your family. Isn't family the best? :) And your Taylor is a doll. I love her social prowess. Love ya! Mara

Jordan Merrell said...

Its so fun to see pictures of your whole (almost whole) family. Everyone looks so great and it looks like the lake was a blast. Good for you to get out and try wake boarding. I totally chickened out when we went a few years ago :) I love that Taylor is paying you pennies for being a good mom. That is the cutest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that fatpussy showing through he panties, love to pull those down and make her feel good

background