Summa-time

I haven't blogged for 2 months, so here's a summer summary:

Had the time of my life playing games outside with family in Idaho!!!

Trying to write often to my brother Preston while he's serving a mission in Peru. He's doing awesome and we love the stories he writes home about. He's enjoying the jungle, his companions, the investigators, the members, and all the love sent from home. He is focused, optimistic, energetic, and lovable. I miss him.

Taylor is enrolled in a weekly soccer class with some friends, which takes place at a park close to home. (I'm all about convenience!) She's enjoying it and I'm glad she's receiving instruction, learning to follow directions, learning new skills, and interacting with other children in an organized & fun atmosphere. (Thanks for telling me about it Rach!) We've decided not to have her start kindergarten this fall (she'll turn 5 on Sept 1st), so I'm going to enroll her in classes like this. Swimming this winter!

We have enjoyed outings with friends to various beaches. Tay has been getting more and more comfortable in the water. She loves it! I adore this picture because of Molly's face :-)

I ran my first race! It was an 8k in Seattle's Torchlight Run as part of the Seafair Events. It was a night-time race that finished in the parade route, so the streets were lined with people cheering us on and kids giving us high-fives! I loved it!!! I'm only a 10-minute mile pace, but the race atmosphere is contagious and I can see why Heidi keeps signing up for more! Thanks to my friend Sommer for getting me involved in this one. It was a super-fun, unconventional ladies night, followed up by dinner at Panera. I'm wearing the shirt they gave us for registering. It has a pirate on it ;-)

My next summer adventure will be 10 days in Minneapolis to visit Heidi and help her with the kiddos! She's made a list of fun things to do, so I can't wait!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

It all sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad for you that you get a whole year with Taylor at home before she starts school. I was feeling bad that Evelyn has to wait another year to start Kindergarten, but then I thought that we can just enjoy this last year of no obligations, etc. and being at home together.
Congrats on the race, that sounds like loads of fun! I LOVE Seafair! Wish I could have run it with you!

Susan said...

A 10-minute mile pace is great! Good job! Looks like a fun summer.

Bailey Bunch said...

That was such a great recap but you took so many other cute pictures this summer. You should somehow get them on there!:) It has been fun to do such great things this summer with you. You got to get the forking pictures on there too!:) Love ya neighbro!:)

Chele said...

love the pictures you have had an eventful summer. that is awesome we have stayed very busy also i just got back from a scentsy convention and loved it.

lindsay said...

i love the pic of tay playing soccer. that is just too cute. i want to watch so bad! when does it get over?

lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Way to go on running the 8k! That's awesome. I've never done anything like that before and I look up to those of you who do. Taylor will probably thank you later for not sending her to school yet. (Believe me, I know.) It stinks not being able to leave primary, drive, and date when all your friends do.

Katherine Steel said...

Come back to Idaho!! =]

Jen said...

Thank you Jen for your comment. Those posts are a new thing for me and are kind of scary for me to post so thank you:)BTW I had a great time tonight thanks again!!

background