How to respond with class

I got this in an email from my dad:
"During his opening monologue on Sunday's 2008 MTV Video Music Awards, comedian Russell Brand repeatedly joked about the Jonas Brothers' purity rings, saying they should take advantage of their celeb status to get lucky.
American Idol's Jordin Sparks (who wears a purity ring) later defended the boys on stage, stating, "not every guy and girl wants to be a slut."
(Not classy.)
"For us it's cool to see that he recognizes we are gentlemen," Nick Jonas told BBC's Radio 1.
(Very classy.)
Brand later apologized."


I thought it was a good example. Then I saw some bits of the award show I had recorded on Tivo to see who won the dance competition (I wanted Kaba Modern to win, darn it). I was so disgusted with the program. I can't even believe how low our society has sunk. Entertainment at it's worst. How pathetic. Tay saw some of it too, and after I said, "this guy is awful," she replied, "then why are you still watching him?" Good point Tay. Well said. Children really are wise. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to agree with you about that award show, I only watched a few minutes and I turned it off because I thought it was pretty pathetic. We definately have to be careful what we watch, they will put almost anything on tv for entertainment these days. Even shows on the family channel teaches views that make it seem "normal" to be immoral, etc. Taylor is so smart!! What good parents she must have! =)

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign, -Shantay DaBell

Mara said...

Jen, you should hang with Heather Smith and I sometime. We can go on for hours about societal decay and indecency. :) Thanks for the post, and hooray for the Jonas Brothers. Katelyn loves them! Mara

Bailey Bunch said...

You know how I feel about this. I was pretty much disgusted with the guy. I turned it off! I am not a huge fan of the Jonas Brothers but I appreciate their stand on the subject.:)

SBryner said...

I don't really have any thoughts about this subject, but wanted to say "hi"--i love you--and miss you and nick and taylor so much. You are such a cute family and I am so glad we can claim you as part of big Wheiler family. Hope we can see you sooner than soon.

Shauntel said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog for the rules.

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Happy Birthday Jenny! I know I'm a little on the slow side, but I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you! Hope it was great! THE BIG 26, man, we're starting to get older huh? It's crazy because nothing really changes except our age. Anyway have a happy week! I love ya!

background