I don't know if many of you know, but I'm actually enjoying running. I know it's not a pretty picture to imagine me run, but I do enjoy getting out and pounding the pavement. I've been able to build up my stamina, lost a little weight, and can travel a good distance before I start cramping and end up in the fetal position. So, with that being said, my goal is to run 424 miles before the end of 2008. Since I ran 15 miles this week, and I'm starting my goal early, I only have 409 to go! That's less than 8 miles per week on average, so it's feasible. Sometimes I only run once a week. I leave for work just before 6 am and get home just after 5 pm (70 minute commute). Jen works 1-2 nights a week, and we usually make plans with friends & family for many of the other nights, so it's hard to squeeze in a run - especially when it gets dark at 4:30 pm. I would also like to run my first half marathon this year, but need to start researching events. I'll keep you posted. My parents actually just got me the Nike+ accessories for the iPod, which is fantastic because it will tell me exactly how far I've run.
Now for Jen.
Uhhhh.... I'm still brainstorming. I didn't accomplish any of the 3 goals I set last January. But, throughout the year, I discovered other things I needed to work on, and made a conscious effort to make some changes - like being more patient & less selfish. Oh, the things parenthood forces upon you! I have lots of time on my hands (what a change from being in school), so I need to start doing things my future self will appreciate. You know, I don't want to look back and be like, "I should have done that when I had so much time!" But, since I do have so much time, I don't need to write my goals this minute on the internet!!! I'm going to ponder on it a little longer. It's only the 30th of December. Here are some pictures from Christmas-time just because I don't like posting without pics. We had a great Christmas!!! AND it snowed!!! AND I got to see Tim and Julia!!!!!! :) :) It's been over 2 years.
Happy New Year!






3 comments:
We are so glad you had a great Holidays season. I need to get Ty to do a entry sometime.:) Happy New Years to our favorite Neighbors!:) We love you guys!
Nick, the Teton Dam Marathon in Rexburg is June 14 and they have a great half marathon :-) You can even stay at our house.
Your blog is so cute! Love your little Taylor. I'm considering digital scrapbooking with my new Photoshop purchase, but a little on the fence about it. I need to do something because I am sooo behind. Cute fam!
Post a Comment